Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Limacia cockerelli
- Cockerell's Doris
- Orange-clubbed Dorid,Cockerell's Dorid
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Nudibranchia (Order) > Polyceridae (Family) > Limacia (Genus) > cockerelli (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (MacFarland, ), 1905
- Canada , Golfo della California, Pacifico orientale
- bis zu 2.6cm
- 20°C - 25°C
- Bryozoans (sea mats), Specialista alimentare
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2015-02-22 17:50:25
- 2016-11-27 13:53:09
Limacia cockerelli (MacFarland, 1905)
Limacia cockerelli feeds exclusively on the orange-brown coloured bryozoans Hincksina velata and Membranopora.The egg spawn spirals are pale-pink and contains 6,500 eggs.
This species is found in two forms, a northern form and a southern form.
"cockerelli" is named in honor to the English and American malacologist T.D.A. Cockerella.
Similar to The new described species Limacia mcdonaldi (with orange spots on the middle of the nortum).
Laila cockerelli MacFarland, 1905 (original combination)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips from our users available