This is a general hint!
Ophichthus ophis has a harmful toxin.
As a rule, animals with a harmful poison do not pose any danger in normal Aquarieaner everyday life. Read the following husbandry information and comments from aquarists who already keep Ophichthus ophis in their aquarium to get a better picture about the possible danger. However, please be careful when using Ophichthus ophis. Every human reacts differently to poisons.
If you suspect that you have come into contact with the poison, please contact your doctor or the poison emergency call.
The phone number of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Western Atlantic: Bermuda and southern Florida, USA to Brazil.
Eastern Atlantic: Senegal to Angola. Mediterranean.
Lives in a permanent burrow, often in very shallow water.
Heads protrude diagonally from the sand. Nocturnal.
Feeds on octopus and fish.
Bold and easily approached. Feared by fishers.
Body pale, dark band across back of head.